In our latitudes, there is often not enough sun, especially if the windows of the room do not face south. You can let light and warm rays into the room not only from the outside, but also from the inside — with the help of furniture of the right shade. In this article, we tell you how to competently fit a yellow sofa into the interior, with photos of successful examples and stylish ideas.
Choosing a yellow sofa
The best combinations
— With beige and brown
— With achromats
— With blue and blue
— with green
Ideas for different rooms
— Living room
What shade to choose
Yellow is associated with the sun, warmth, positivity and vitality. And also with nature in all its diversity: juicy fresh lemons, warm sand on the beach, and fragrant flowers. A sofa is a large object that first of all attracts attention, so the overall impression that the interior makes will depend on its color.
- Sunny is what we imagine when we think of yellow. Warm, rich, invigorating, it will dilute any neutral interior and add color. A great option for a living room or nursery, where it is often overcast outside the window.
- Mustard is a completely different undertone in mood. Darker and more muted, noble, saturated. It goes well with wood and textured fabrics, organically complements the brown-beige range, if you need to dilute it, but do not introduce too bright colors.
- Curry — visually similar to mustard, but with a green undertone. This is a fairly rich and dense shade that adds depth and brightness to the space at the same time. Like the color of mustard, it is best combined with the texture of wood.
- Gold is a luxurious and elegant shade that shimmers with gold. It is fully revealed on glossy textures, in the case of upholstered furniture, this is upholstery made of leather or leatherette.
- The color of egg yolk is the lightest, pastel version. Suitable for a nursery, as well as for a kitchen or living room in white and beige tones. So that it does not look faded, complement it with moderately bright non-acidic shades.
Yellow in the interior: 5 ways to use a bright color and 55 inspiring examples
What to combine
To harmoniously fit a yellow sofa into the interior, you need to choose suitable companion colors for it. Let’s analyze the most successful combinations.
With beige and brown
The calm shades of these noble colors also belong to the warm spectrum, so they will perfectly complement the yellowness.
Beige is suitable for wall decoration, brown — for floors and other furniture. At the same time, it is important not to overdo it with such colors, since the space can become too stuffy from cozy. To prevent this from happening, add a couple of contrasting splashes to the palette: white, gray, black details or any cold shades.
Achromats (white, gray and black) go well with any colors. They will emphasize the saturation of yellow and at the same time balance it.
Use them in any proportions and combinations. It can be all white or light gray walls that act as a backdrop for decor and accent furniture, like in a museum. Dark details will add graphicness to the space: cabinet handles, picture frames, lamps, etc. A black and white geometric or abstract print on textiles looks stylish — it can be sofa cushions, a blanket or a carpet.
In its pure form, this combination is rarely used. Usually there are several more colors in the interior, and white, gray or black act as a balance.
Colors in the interior
6 arguments from designers in favor of a black and white interior
With blue and blue
One of the most spectacular and pleasant combinations for our psyche is the sun and the sea. And also: sand and blue sky, melon and blueberries, rain and flowers in the garden.
Be inspired by these associations when thinking through the palette of the room. In the interior of the living room, the yellow sofa is well shaded with dark blue paint or wallpaper on the walls. Usually, this color is treated with caution in decoration, because an excess of blue is depressing and depressing, but it is in this combination that it will be perfectly balanced by a large bright element. And in the nursery, use soft blue wallpaper or decor along with a muted tone of egg yolk, mango or melon.
Balconies and loggias
Sofa on the balcony: an overview of models, tips for choosing and 5 cool projects
In their pure form, both of these colors are quite bright and active, so the prospect of combining them in one space can be intimidating.
But in fact, green goes well with any variation of yellow. The main thing is to choose the right shades and proportions. The brighter your sofa, the more calm tone you choose to pair with it. For example, olive or pistachio. If green goes as a local accent, do not be afraid of rich options: emerald green, grassy, mint.
Colors in the interior
5 good reasons to use green in the interior
In addition to appearance, the model of the sofa is also important. Choose based on the functions that it should perform.
First of all, decide whether you need a regular sofa or a folding sofa. Choose the first option for the kitchen and living room, many beautiful and compact models are sold in stores that will fit into a small space. The price will also be lower. Folding models provide an additional — and in some cases the main — bed and sometimes even a storage system. This option is suitable for small nurseries and living rooms in small apartments, as well as for studios.
Folding models differ in the opening mechanism.
- Eurobook is a simple and reliable type of opening, in which the seat rolls forward and the back takes its place. This mechanism rarely breaks and is very easy to use. Even a child can cope with an eurobook, so such a yellow folding sofa can be placed in a nursery.
- Tick-tock — it looks like a eurobook, but the seat does not move forward on rollers, but, as it were, steps over the distance. Thanks to this, there is no risk of damaging the flooring.
- Accordion — the principle of operation is the same as that of the musical instrument of the same name. The seat slides forward and the back rests down with it. The result is a smooth surface without uncomfortable joints.
- Dolphin — a sleeping place is formed from a separate section, which is hidden under the seat when assembled. To unfold the sofa, it must be pulled forward by the strap until the cushions rise to the desired level.
- The couch is a compact model that, when disassembled, turns into a small single bed. Usually the seat slides out to the side, and the armrest turns into part of the bed.
Ideas for different rooms
Consider which shades and models are suitable for each room.
Warm and active yellow is perfect for the kitchen: it invigorates, awakens the appetite and gives energy. Choose “delicious” shades for upholstery: lemon, melon, curry, mustard, mango, etc. The material is also important. The fabric should be durable and easy to clean. Ideally, supplement it with a special protective impregnation: for example, moisture or grease repellent.
If the kitchen is isolated, a small sofa can be placed in the dining area, replacing some of the chairs with it, or organizing a compact seating area — for example, by the window. A good option is to make a custom-made yellow corner sofa to fit the parameters of your kitchen. Also look out for models with storage sections under the seat. In the combined kitchen-living room, this can be a larger product so that it can comfortably accommodate two or even three.
On a real example: 6 ways to arrange a seating area in the kitchen
The living room is a gathering place for the whole family and guests, so the sofa group should be bright, comfortable and roomy.
Depending on the area of \u200b\u200bthe room and the number of residents, put a two- or three-section soft sofa, complement it with chairs or pouffes. Modular systems are suitable for a contemporary, loft or minimalist living room. They not only look very stylish, but also allow you to assemble a soft group that meets your needs: from size and shape to filling. Storage systems, a folding section, multifunctional window sills and pouffes can be added directly to the seats and backrest.
Choose the color of the fabric based on the general palette. For light, sunny, melon and egg are suitable. For dark — curry, mustard, ocher, gold. In the living room, you can not be afraid of color and make the sofa accent. Pair it with neutral finishes and contrasting decor to balance out the rich color.
The interior of the nursery should be positive, cheerful, but not too bright, so as not to overload the already active psyche of the baby.
Use light, moderately saturated shades of yellow as an accent. Pair them with a neutral white-beige-gray base and a couple of other vibrant colors. For example, an excellent combination will be blue or green.
If the room is small, choose a folding model. So in the evening the child will have a comfortable sleeping place, and during the day it will turn into a recreation area or a play area. If the area allows, complement the classic bed with a couch or a compact sofa. It will become a place to chat with friends, read or play quietly.
How to furnish a children’s room so that the child is as comfortable as possible