Facade decoration is perhaps a more important stage of construction and repair than interior decoration. The outer part of the building is regularly exposed to adverse weather conditions: bright sun, rain, wind, hail, snow. Among the most popular options for the facade are various types of siding, wood paneling, stucco mixes or bricks. But each of these varieties has its own subspecies with different thickness, density and wear resistance. In our article, we will tell you how to sheathe a house outside cheaply and beautifully, why brick can actually be considered a profitable cladding option, which siding is better to choose and how to save on each type of expensive facade finish.
All about profitable facade decoration
— Facade lining
— Imitation of timber
— Block house
How to sheathe a house outside inexpensively
Among the affordable and durable options for finishing facades, there are classic types of brick or plaster. They have been used for a long time, and there is a lot of useful information on how to work with them and care for the condition of the facade. Among the classics there are many varieties that differ not only in price, but also in appearance, they are wear-resistant, durable, they have different care features. It is important to take into account all the nuances that make up the final amount. Of the more expensive ones, you can choose a stone, namely facade porcelain stoneware. Tiles look solid, but it costs less. Below we consider the most popular materials for economical facade decoration. It is important to remember that before installing each of them, it is worthwhile to provide a heater if you are worried about drafts.
1. Facade lining
Wood is an excellent material for solving a problem, the cheaper it is to sheathe a house from the outside, prices for which start at 200 rubles. In addition, it is a natural finish that is suitable for country and eco-style, as well as for most country buildings. It is better to choose a finish that will be in harmony with the existing design style of the site. All types of wooden boards are popular.
For example, the facade lining is similar to the interior lining, but thicker, from 14 millimeters. The price per square is made up of the breed, the particular variety and the level of humidity. One of the most budgetary is pine lining, it costs around 170-220 per square. And expensive extra-class larch is already in a different price segment — from 1,200 to 1,350 per meter. By the way,
2. Imitation of timber
This type of finish is similar to lining, in fact, this is what it is, but only thicker. In appearance, it is as similar as possible to the standard class.
The cost starts from 220 rubles. for a square of pine class «BC», 18 mm thick. If you choose a higher «rank» of wood («A» 21 mm thick), the cost will double. For example, larch will cost about 800 rubles for the “AB” class, and “Extra” is even more expensive — 1,400 per meter.
3. Block house
Its highlight is in a rounded shape resembling a log house.
For a pine block house 27 mm thick and 135 mm wide, you will have to pay about 300 rubles. (type «BC»), more expensive, 45 mm thick and 230 mm wide, will be 650-750 per meter (it belongs to class «A»). Other types of wood will be more expensive, for example, the price of larch of the same class is 2.5 times.
Sheathing a house with a block house: detailed instructions for beginners
This cladding option belongs to the most budgetary types of facade decoration.
Plaster also has classes that may differ in price.
- Mineral facade plaster. It is made on a cement or lime basis, sometimes mixed compositions are used. The most budgetary type of plaster will cost from 220-250 per package with 25 kilograms of dry mix. When facing, the consumption will be about 12-15 kilograms per 1 square meter. Thus, only 110-120 rubles will come out per «unit of area». In addition, you need to take into account the costs of primer, work and paint for facades.
- Mineral decorative. Provided that the material is applied in two layers, you can use a decorative mixture of the «bark beetle» type. Packing such a plaster weighing 25 kg will cost 360-800 rubles. Domestic producers, on average, are about three times cheaper than Western ones.
- Acrylic. This is a composition that is sold in dry form and is brought to the required consistency with ordinary water. It is applied in a very thin layer, sometimes even using a spray gun. This gives the final cost of about 100-300 rubles per square. But in addition to the mixture, you need to take into account the cost of leveling mineral plaster, soil mixture, paint.
- Silicone. This is the most expensive option among all plasters; you will have to pay about 350-800 rubles per square meter. Budget mixtures start at 150 per kilogram, and the average price is from 200 rubles.
Facade plasters for a country house: what they are and how to work with them
Siding is a group of different panels that differ in appearance, performance, price and composition. The cost of goods in this group, united by a common name, may or may not be affordable. Even within the same category, prices can vary dramatically. It is believed that this is one of the most affordable materials for finishing the outer surface of the wall, but this is not entirely true. At the very least, it is worth taking into account the different options for the cost of siding. Before installing it on the frame of the house, a crate is installed and thermal panels are laid.
Vinyl wall. Prices for this type will depend on the manufacturer. If we talk about Russian companies, then you will need to pay from 165 to 500 rubles per meter. The thickness of such a sheet will be about 1.1 millimeters. Such a large price range is due to the appearance of the surface. They ask less for the classics, and an acrylic coating or a paint that imitates a wooden texture will be expensive. Materials from foreign manufacturers can reach up to 1,000 rubles. per metre.
- Vinyl plinth. Wall and basement — two types of finishes, different in strength, and, accordingly, in price. Basement vinyl siding will be more durable and expensive. Prices for a domestic product start from 470 rubles/m2 and end at around 1300 rubles / m2. Foreign manufacturers are asking for 1,000-2,000 more.
- Metal. Metal siding is not much more expensive than vinyl wall siding, and its cost is based on the thickness of the sheet and the type of coating. The material of Russian manufacturers coated with polyester lies in the price segment from 260 rubles, the same type, but Finnish manufacturers, covered with pural, will rise to 800.
Wood-polymer composite and fiber cement siding cost about the same — about 1,000-2,000 rubles / m2. These are mainly products brought from abroad, hence the high cost. Wood-polymer composite siding is similar to natural wood, more durable and lasts longer.
How to install siding with your own hands: detailed instructions
At first glance, it may seem that this is not cheap, but if you look deeper, the picture changes.
- Facing ceramic. This is one of the most affordable options, one item can be bought for 7-17 rubles. For a square meter, the material will cost from 390 to 850 rubles. It depends on the manufacturer and appearance.
- Hyperpressed. If you count by the piece, then this option will come out twice as expensive as ceramic. But due to the peculiarities of the format, almost the same amount will come out per meter: 900-950 rubles, provided that it is laid out in half a brick. The final amount will depend not only on the footage, but also on the textured surface, and may be twice as expensive.
- Clinker. The most reliable, but also quite expensive type of brick compared to other options. On average, one piece can be bought for 20-90 rubles, and for a square you will have to pay from 900 to 4,300.
- Hand molding. This species is considered elite. The cost per piece starts from 40 rubles. Since the format of the material is different, the calculation is carried out per meter: from 2,100 to 14,000.
Costs for clinker bricks or hand-moulded material may be lower for Russian manufacturers, while goods from abroad will be in a different price segment. If you want to save money and purchase brick cladding, choose facing bricks from Russian manufacturers.
3 design ideas for decorating the house and giving outside