More and more and more — with each new Galaxy A, the manufacturer increases the screens of mobile phones and not only that. A72 is declared as a “must-have smartphone”.
Let’s figure out what, according to Samsung, users need: a huge screen, a smart chipset, a super camera? Let’s see what Samsung Galaxy A72 has of this and much more in its full review.
What buyers need to know: How to check a smartphone when buying: 5 recommendations worth their weight in gold
Basic technical characteristics
A72 is a representative of the average budget line. However, the manufacturer did not skimp on the characteristics:
The delivery set remains concise: in addition to the smart device itself, a USB cord and a charging block, a paperclip, and documentation were placed in a cardboard box.
Predecessor: Samsung Galaxy A71: review and 8 positive points
Dimensions and ergonomics
Smart is quite large, which is not surprising with a 6.7-inch screen. The official dimensions of the Samsung Galaxy A72, listed in the specifications: 165 × 77.4 × 8.4 mm. Due to the back cover made of light and strong plastic, the gadget weighs a little more than two hundred grams. A glossy aluminum frame around the perimeter securely fastens the structure.
Smart lies in the palm of the hand, the matte back surface, although smooth, does not try to slip out, like the same metal or glass without a cover. The back cover is more resistant to scratches, scuffs, and fingerprints.
Thanks to the rounded corners of the case, the smart does not look too bulky. The materials are tactilely pleasant.
There is nothing unusual in the location of the buttons, everything is the same as in most Samsung mobile gadgets and similar Android devices. Therefore, you will not have to get used to interacting with the phone again. We will talk in more detail about the location of the leading elements below.
A screen with thin symmetrical frames around the perimeter and a huge diagonal of 6.7 inches. A72 in terms of display size is surpassed only by representatives of the “Note” line, for example, 20 Ultra with 6.9″.
In the upper part, in the center, there is a neat “eye” of the front module with a black border. At the bottom, right on the screen, there was a place for a fingerprint scanner.
“Super AMOLED” FHD + display is protected by tempered Gorilla Glass 5 generation. Add here the brightness of 800 nits and you will get no problems with viewing angles, saturation and juiciness of the picture. The clear 90-hertz A72 screen will provide smooth scrolling of pages and movements in games. If there is a desire to save a little battery power, the hertz can be reduced to 60.
Here, in the settings, there is an option:
- activate the dark theme, in which a very deep black color looks spectacular and saves battery power;
- adjust font size and style;
- adjust the brightness from saturated to natural;
- increase screen sensitivity.
And another for comfortable use of the smartphone.
There is a branded Samsung Always On Display. This is when some information (clock, date, message) is displayed on the disabled display. Elements can be customized, for example, choose a watch face from the “Galaxy” Store.
The Edge side panel allows you to quickly launch applications or work in a multi-window format. To call it, it is enough to drag from the edge of the screen to the center. The contents of the quick tab can be changed at your discretion.
A72 is designed discreetly, there are no extra elements. The entire front part is occupied by the screen. The rear panel is placed under the 4-module camera unit, which, unlike the A32, is slightly raised above the body. The “eyes” of the photo modules and the flash are located opposite each other on a rectangular protrusion.
The upper end occupies a combined slot where you can install 1 SIM card + a memory card or two SIM cards. There is a voice microphone nearby. The right side was taken under the oblong volume “swing” and the on / off button. The left side is free of control elements and connectors.
Installed from below:
- the main conversational speaker, which together with the upper one forms a pair and is responsible for stereo sound;
- USB Type-C, which is responsible for recharging the smartphone and a wired connection with other gadgets;
- minijack for connecting headphones.
This Galaxy is available in several solid colors. Users have already rated black, lavender, blue and white tones. Shades are muted, calm, supporting the general concept of elegance and minimalism.
The back of the photomodule can “boast” 4 sensors, among which:
1. The main one is 64 MP with optical stabilization
Allows you to get juicy detailed daytime photos, good noise reduction is observed. The night shots look artistic, the relief and details are visible in the pictures.
2. Ultra-wide-angle — 12 MP with a 123-degree viewing angle
No autofocus. Helps capture as many objects as possible from the sides in the frame. There is no distortion in the corners.
3. Telephoto camera — 8 MP with optical 3x zoom
You can shoot objects at a long distance, and with good detail.
4. Macro – 5 MP
With sufficient lighting, you can get interesting shots of the smallest elements.
32 MP front cameras without autofocus. When shooting selfies in portrait mode, contours are not washed out.
Video with optical stabilization can be shot in a resolution of up to 4K, however, only at 30 frames per second. When recording a video, you can switch between “eyes”, for example, from the main camera with a wide-angle format. There is a “Superstabilization” mode, but then the video is recorded only in 1080.
The camera app is simple and straightforward. There is a ribbon, scrolling it left/right, you can switch between photo, video, individual modes. From the “More” tab, you can add functions to the ribbon that you use most often when filming, for example, “Night” or “Panorama”.
The “Funny” mode appeared from the new. Responsible for connecting to Snapchat. If you turn it on, you can put on cool masks and change the background.
Its capacity has increased to 5000 mAh. Suppose the previous A71 had a 4500 mAh battery. The manufacturer promises that the battery will last without recharging:
- up to 20 hours of Internet surfing,
- up to 23 hours of watching videos,
- up to 40 hours of phone calls,
- up to 146 hours of listening to tracks.
Those who have already managed to test the A72 in action say that the battery of the smart phone in active mode lasts for a day and a half.
Fast 25-watt charging is provided, in half an hour you can recharge the battery by 50%. Smart is charged as standard, using a wire through the Type-C connector. There is no wireless charging like the S20 or S21.
Find out: 6 reasons why the smartphone discharges quickly
Performance and memory
Smart has become faster and more powerful due to the 8-core Snapdragon 720G chipset, where 2 cores can accelerate up to 2.3 GHz, another 6 – up to 1.8 GHz. The processor is not too “voracious”: even if you play a lot, read, watch videos, the smartphone will last a day without recharging.
According to the graph in the answer, Adreno is 618. 6 or 8 gigs of RAM are provided to help the processors, depending on the selected model. The internal memory can have a volume of 128 or 256 Gb (for example, in A72 Violet). The latter can be increased to 1 TB using a microSD, but in this case you will have to sacrifice one SIM, because the slot for them is combined.
Productivity in A72 is more than sufficient even when running resource-intensive programs. The system works smoothly and without brakes, it is comfortable to play even at high settings.
As for communication, the A72 has two nano-sevens that work in 2G, 3G and 4G networks. But if a flash card is used, the second sim will have to be sacrificed. The Type-C port and the 3.5 mm jack in the lower part of the smart case are responsible for the wired connection with other gadgets.
From wireless technologies, the A72 features:
- Wi-Fi – 2.4 + 5 GHz;
- “Bluetooth” — the fifth version;
- NFC — Samsung Pay.
The latter allows you to pay for purchases using a mobile phone with one touch of the terminal. Mastercard, Visa, MIR cards can be added to the branded payment service.
Useful information: How to pay with a smartphone: 3 payment systems
The A72 firmware is “Android” version 11 under a clear, functional and visually attractive One UI 3.1 shell. It has many security profiles (protected folder, applications), built-in antiviruses.
In particular, the Knox system is installed in most of the latest Samsung gadgets, which allows you to separate personal and public. After tapping on the “Knox” icon, you need to enter a password, after which you will be taken to a separate secure space, where you can put anything: from contacts and text messages to electronic documents and more.
In addition, the A72 provides unlocking using:
- Face scanning – for this, a frontal camera is used. The sensor will not work if the face is wearing glasses, a mask or there is not enough light around.
- Under-screen scan – you need to place your finger on a special circle and do not remove it for 1-2 seconds so that the sensor has time to react, otherwise you will have to enter the pin code. You can enter 3 prints in the memory.
The main features of A72 Black and other shades:
- They added more RAM, unlike the younger “brothers” in the line, A32 and A52 with 4 gigabytes, this “Galaxy” received 6 and 8 GB, which positively affects the speed of the system, the ability to use “heavy” programs that require a lot of free space .
- They placed a telephoto camera with a 3-fold increase in the camera unit instead of a depth sensor. Added optical stabilization to eliminate blurring of pictures and shaking of videos. The camera application provides many modes: standard and pro, slow motion and super slow motion, night, macro, etc.
- We provided protection of the outer shell of the smart phone according to the IP67 standard. This allows safe diving for up to half an hour to a depth of up to a meter. Now you can calmly talk on the phone, even when it’s raining outside, don’t be afraid to use your mobile phone by the pool.
- We increased the autonomy of work by installing a more capacious 5000 mAh battery. And 25-watt fast charging allows you to fully fill the battery’s energy reserves within an hour.
- They installed a stunningly large and bright “Super AMOLED” display with the function of eye protection and ultra-smooth scrolling. The information on the screen is perfectly visible even on a bright sunny day.
A72 is equipped with a set of flagship chips that were previously available only to top Samsung devices. At the same time, the smart phone is included in the range of average budget users. This is a great option for connoisseurs of models with a huge screen, good cameras, a large memory reserve, protected from moisture, dust and third-party interference with personal data.
You can also choose the following: Samsung Galaxy A41: review of 6 aspects