Reading 11 min Views 29 Published
Almost a century has passed since Andreas Stihl invented the first chainsaw. Naturally, during this period, the demand for popular equipment prompted several manufacturers of such tools for the garden, vegetable garden and trees to create a variety of models. On the market you can find a huge number of different devices that differ in power, type, tire size, teeth. You can get confused because of the many additional options, protection systems and other things. We will try to help you solve a tough problem by comparing the current products in our Best Value for Money Chainsaws 2021 rankings. The authors took into account customer feedback and the scale of the technology, so the list contains excellent solutions for home, garden and professional use.
The best chainsaws for home
Buying a chainsaw for your home or garden means working with a slightly thick tree. For obvious reasons, below are models up to 2.5 horsepower. Of course, this performance is not enough to cut down a large tree. However, small logs up to 15 centimeters wide with a good bar with a chain pitch of up to 0.35 centimeters can be sawn without much difficulty. When buying a budget chainsaw, it is important to make sure you have good chain brakes as safety is paramount.
The list of petrol saws opens with the mid-range Echo CS-2511TES with 10-inch tires for efficient use in tree care and more. The model is equipped with a fairly high-quality two-stroke engine. The power plant is well balanced, has a power of 1.5 horsepower. The volume of this model is 25 cubic centimeters. According to customer reviews, the chainsaw is quickly put into operation thanks to the high-quality ES-start starting mechanism. This will allow you to use the equipment without problems even in cold weather. The manufacturer also took care of the presence of a good manual fuel pump, thanks to which it is possible to start the unit manually.
- reliable engine;
- starting mechanism.
- relatively expensive model.
We are talking about a cheap but good chainsaw for home use, which has an optimal set of options and functions. The model of the Huter BS-52 series has an anti-vibration system and a chain brake. At the same time, the volume of the power plant reaches 52 cm³, which is a very good indicator for this price category. Power is 3.81 “horsepower” or 2800 watts. According to user reviews, you can understand that the performance is enough to solve problems at home. The tire/rim size is 50cm with a 0.325″ chain pitch. The volume of the fuel tank of a well-assembled saw with optimal dimensions is 0.55 liters. The design weighs about 6.4 kilograms.
- optimal power;
- fuel tank volume;
- good structure;
- chain step.
- no for this price
The Husqvarna 130 is another affordable yet high quality chainsaw with a wide range of applications. The device is suitable for sawing firewood in the homestead, collecting firewood for workpieces or stoves, sawing waste firewood, realizing creative ambitions in construction or home gardening. The equipment manufacturer is a well-known Swiss brand that needs no introduction. Therefore, this indicates a long service life of the invention and durability, which manifests itself when working in the cold season. Benefits include a high quality fuel priming valve, combined throttle control, a new quick release assembly and an air filter. Ease of use is guaranteed by the LowVib anti-vibration system.
- excellent valve;
- Swiss quality;
- LowVib system;
- power 2.04 hp
- narrow scope.
STIHL MS 210
When deciding which chainsaw to choose for the home, many craftsmen chose the MS 210 from STIHL because of the fair price and the large number of positive reviews. It is an excellent choice for both chopping and felling small trees. 40 cm tires paired with a fairly powerful power plant will be enough for everyday tasks. I must say that the reliability and durability of this device is time-tested. In addition, the chainsaw has an almost ideal ratio of power, dimensions and weight, which allows you to use the equipment for a long time. It is worth adding that the model has a good STIHL anti-vibration system. Each user can open the oil cap as well as the fuel tank without resorting to the use of special tools.
- chain brake QuickStop;
- weight 4.4 kilograms;
- anti-vibration system;
- power 2.2 hp
The best household chainsaw of 2021 in terms of price / quality ratio is the Daewoo DACS5820XT model, in our humble opinion. Why? The device has a good two-stroke engine with an increased engine life compared to many analogues. The engine is designed for professional use. At the same time, the manufacturer managed to reduce the power plant capacity by 20 percent. The body of the control unit is made of metal. The advantages of the model include a magnesium starter with an advanced Easy Start system. The part is made of a special alloy that provides a comfortable engine start. The device satisfies instant chain stop, anti-vibration system, low profile chain with 0.325″ pitch.
- good snack;
- anti-vibration system;
- quality of parts;
- power 4.5 hp
- there are none for this price.
The best professional petrol saws
This category features professional chainsaws that have more reach and power than their inexpensive counterparts for the home. Using the tools described below, you can saw logs, carry out construction work. More powerful machines are also suitable for processing tree trunks up to 45 centimeters thick or more. For obvious reasons, they have a more robust design, improved tire type, larger chain pitch and high performance, which will definitely affect the cost of the product. But do not forget that different brands have their own views on pricing. Compare models to find the best fit.
The 4.5 horsepower (3300 W) Echo CS-620SX tops out the top-mid range chainsaws. The engine develops up to 13000 rpm. At the same time, the semi-professional tool is excellent for general work and construction work on any site. Powerful performance comes from a reliable 59.8cc two-stroke and single-cylinder engine. According to users, the unit is equipped with an advanced air cooling system and does not overheat even with intensive use. Another advantage over many analogues is the capacity of a heavy fuel tank of 0.65 liters. The oil tank has a capacity of 0.3 liters.
- not afraid of the cold;
- good power;
- build quality.
- the tire gets very hot.
Husqvarna 365-18 is a top professional chainsaw with 3400 watts of power. Among the features of this premium line, I note a magnesium crankcase, as well as a 3-section crankshaft, thanks to which the equipment can be operated even at very high loads. The chainsaw is equipped with the Air Injection system, which means efficient filtration and LowVib technology. Thanks to the latter option, it was possible to significantly reduce the oscillations of the handle. The tire size of this series is 450mm. Naturally, a chain brake is implemented here, as well as an advanced anti-vibration system. The noise level reaches 114 dB, which is a small price to pay for such high performance. The unit weighs up to 12,500 rpm in the region of 6 kg.
- engine volume;
- anti-vibration system;
- maximum speed;
- chain speed 20 m/s;
- chain pitch 3/8″.
- a new generation has appeared in the ratings.
GSH 51-18 3 HP
This is a lightweight professional chainsaw with a 0.55L fuel tank. The model of the GSH 51-18 series weighs about 5 kilograms without cutting equipment and at the same time produces about 12 thousand revolutions per minute. As you already understood, a powerful power plant for 3 “horsepower” with a capacity of 2200 watts is implemented here. At the same time, the tire size reaches 45 centimeters at a chain speed of 23 m / s. This is a good indicator, and the brand manages to develop rapidly thanks to a reasonable price / quality ratio of products. This is far from Calm, but it is extremely difficult to find them for sale in our time.
- anti-vibration system;
- good performance;
- chain speed;
- the price of money;
- brand development.
Husqvarna 576 XP 18
The power of this chainsaw is 4200, and this is enough for solving professional tasks of any nature. It is worth noting that the model weighs only 6.6 kilograms, which is a remarkable indicator, given the 5.7 horsepower of the gasoline engine. The X-Torq® system also made this unit popular due to its fuel economy. The air filter can be easily removed for cleaning and replacement. In addition, experts emphasize the quality of the magnesium-aluminum alloy crankcase. The patented LowVib® technology was used as an anti-vibration system. The level of grip comfort corresponds to the price and concept of the premium segment.
- good cup;
- air filter;
- fuel economy;
- optimum power.
- not yet identified.
Oleo-Mac GS 650-18 3500 W
The best professional chainsaw of 2021 is the 3500W Oleo-Mac GS 650-18. Among the technical features, I would like to note Sharp Pro technology, an excellent anti-vibration system and high performance. The power of the hand saw reaches 3500 watts or 4.76 horsepower. The maximum speed reaches 13 rpm, thanks to a powerful and reliable engine with a volume of 63.4 cubic centimeters. The model is obviously noisy. The engine is powered by a 0.8 liter fuel tank. Fortunately, the manufacturer took into account the rapid consumption of energy. The equipment weighs solidly – more than 6 kilograms, so it is designed for sophisticated buyers.
- model execution;
- volume of the tank;
- build quality;
- comfortable model;
- anti-vibration system.
- for professionals.
How to choose a good petrol saw?
First of all, it is necessary to proceed from the needs of the user and suggest how to choose a chainsaw for home or professional use. If you cannot decide on the tasks set, since you do not have experience in purchasing such equipment and do not know the possible parameters, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the current characteristics of modern products:
- Strength. The cutting speed of a particular material thickness depends on this characteristic. Usually users refer to the expression of this trait in horses. For example, I want to note that logs with a thickness of 45 centimeters (when felling) require a power plant with a capacity of 3.5 horsepower. For domestic needs, an engine power of 1.5 hp is enough, or even less. If you work infrequently and not with a thick tree.
- Tire. It should be said right away that on sale you can find models with fixed and removable nozzles. The first option is recommended for home use if you work infrequently. They are usually cheaper. The second option is suitable for professionals who regularly use a chainsaw. If necessary, the nozzle can be replaced. It is worth noting that saw bars can be of different sizes (permissible sizes are indicated in the data sheet).
- chain step. The wider it is, the better the performance of the technique. Models with a chain pitch of 0.325 mm are designed for cutting grooves, window openings, demolition of small trees. The “big forest” requires tires with a wheelbase of up to 0.404 mm.
- Weight. As practice shows, the more powerful the model, the heavier it is. Therefore, there is no point in making recommendations in this regard. If the main task is to find a convenient and convenient solution, then keep in mind that there are many models on sale up to 2.5 kilograms.
- AVR. The anti-vibration system reduces the amount of vibration transmitted by the chainsaw body.
Chainsaw tips from the experts
- What is the best chain pitch for a home chainsaw? This parameter is selected taking into account the scope of the technique. For collecting firewood or cutting down small trees, it is optimal in the region of 0.350 mm.
- How to choose a good chainsaw for a summer residence? For a house or a summer residence, as a rule, there is enough power up to 3 horsepower. The optimal weight is up to 5 kilograms. It is important to pay attention to the presence of an anti-vibration system, build quality and brand. Don’t put your safety at risk by trying to save money!
- What is the minimum power required for a tree? It is necessary to take into account not only power, but also a number of other parameters. Usually professional models have a power of 3.5 hp with a chain pitch from 0.370 to 0.404 mm. It will not be superfluous to stop at chainsaws with a removable tip and a keyless chain tension function. From tree to tree, adjustments to the technique should be made regularly.
- What is keyless chain tension? This is a useful option that professional chainsaws are equipped with. The function allows you to tighten or loosen the chains without problems and loss of time without disassembling the protection.
- How often should the chain be stretched? Depending on the job, it is recommended to run the job every 30-40 minutes regardless of the quality and efficiency of the equipment.
- How much oil and gasoline is recommended? It all depends on the manufacturer. Different companies allow different dosages. For example, most Chinese companies allow you to mix gasoline and oil in a ratio of 1 to 25. Well-known brands such as STIHL and Husqvarna, in turn, recommend 1 to 50.
What is the best chainsaw to buy in 2021
Conclusion: each time the purchase of such equipment must be approached individually, taking into account the parameters of the manufacturer, up to the optimal ratio of oil and fuel. If you don’t know which gasoline saw to buy and have no experience in this matter, it’s best to focus on proven brands without looking for unnecessary savings. As far as our recommendations are concerned, the best results are:
- Good and cheap garden saw – ECHO CS-2511TES;
- The best chainsaw for home and garden – Daewoo DACS5820XT;
- Professional model for the price and quality – Husqvarna 365-18;
- Powerful gas saw for construction – Oleo-Mac GS 650-18.