The PhoneArena portal compared the autonomy of the key flagship smartphones of the end of 2022: Pixel 7 and 7 Pro, iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max, and Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. For greater clarity, the Pixel 6 Pro, released at the end of last year, was added to them.
The authors of the video conducted two tests. In the first, they decided to find out which smartphone will last longer in web browsing mode. To do this, the same script was launched on all devices with the opening and scrolling of various pages. The results are as follows:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: 19 hours and 5 minutes
- iPhone 14 Pro: 16 hours 18 minutes
- Pixel 7 Pro: 14 hours 19 minutes
- Pixel 7: 13 hours 56 minutes
- Galaxy S22 Ultra: 13 hours 17 minutes
- Pixel 6 Pro: 13 hours 13 minutes
The second test is testing the autonomy of devices in the YouTube video mode with a screen brightness of 100%. Here again, the smartphone from Apple showed the best time, but the new Google came in second place:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: 11 hours
- Pixel 7 Pro: 9 hours 39 minutes
- iPhone 14 Pro: 9 hours 14 minutes
- Pixel 7: 9 hours 13 minutes
- Pixel 6 Pro: 9 hours 10 minutes
- Galaxy S22 Ultra: 7 hours 27 minutes
Based on the results of two tests, the iPhone 14 Pro Max became the undisputed leader. One of the previous tests showed that this is indeed the company’s most autonomous smartphone. Recall that the device received a battery with a capacity of 4323 mAh.